GoogleMyBusiness set up and management
What is GoogleMyBusiness?
GoogleMyBusiness (further referred to as GMB) is a free service offered by Google. Google allows you to create a profile for your business, where you list everything from opening hours to the services you offer. This profile then appears in searches. To see an example, do a Google search for “parlour kensal” and see the profile of an excellent Kensal eaterie to the right of the page.
Reasons to have a GMB profile:
- More visibility online
- You are more likely to engage potential customers, because they need fewer clicks to find information about your business
- As the “official” Google profile (Google has to verify your business address before you can get a GMB profile), it lends your business credibility
- You get to mark the location of your business, which means you can show up in the search results when people search for a local business. It can also help to get into the “Google local 3-pack”. If you want to see what it looks like, search for something (e.g. “office supplies hammersmith”) and the first three results at the top of the page are what you’d call a “Google local 3-pack”.
We can set up and optimise a GMB profile for you. Furthermore, we can help you maintain it over time. If you choose to do so yourself, here are some of the things you should do:
- Utilise the “posts” function. Use it to post news about your business, special offers and events. It helps to create buzz and shows your customers that you are engaged. Two posts every week would be optimal, although it depends on the nature of your business.
- Submit your bank holiday hours before each bank holiday.
- Keep posting and geo-tagging new photos over time. Businesses with a lot of photos get a lot more attention.
- Keep the information about your business up-to-date.
- Post management responses to customer questions and reviews.
And that is all. GoogleMyBusiness is not difficult to set up and use, but a lot depends on how it is done. Do it right and it will help you rank well in Google searches, with the associated rise in enquiries from potential clients. Whether you would just like our help to set up, or full-on management as well, ask us for a no-obligation quote and see how reasonable our pricing is.
We’re Here to Help You Go Further!
Put us in charge of your online presence and see your reputation grow.